Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default creating a report with macros

I am trying to create a report in excel format from a big spreadsheet.
because the spreadsheet in use is quite big we want to extract only the
relevant pieces of information from the report for a management report.

there are numerous filters on this report also..

is there a macro code that can be used to tell the macro what it needs to
select, what to filter by (for example there are things that are "active" and
"inactive" on the spreadsheet, management would just like to see the the
active), and once its done this it should format it in a report sort of way.

i recorded a macro and went through each step but it doesnt really work the
way i'd like.

can you please offer some assistance?

thanks very much.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

I know of no "generic" macro that would allow you to fill in the blanks and
get the report you seek.....but of course a custom one, which is what I write
for each instance, will give you exactly what you want.....to include
attractive formatting as well as the correct data.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Gemz" wrote:

I am trying to create a report in excel format from a big spreadsheet.
because the spreadsheet in use is quite big we want to extract only the
relevant pieces of information from the report for a management report.

there are numerous filters on this report also..

is there a macro code that can be used to tell the macro what it needs to
select, what to filter by (for example there are things that are "active" and
"inactive" on the spreadsheet, management would just like to see the the
active), and once its done this it should format it in a report sort of way.

i recorded a macro and went through each step but it doesnt really work the
way i'd like.

can you please offer some assistance?

thanks very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

so how would i do that?

-extract the right info
-put it in a fancy report format
-filter for what is actually required.

please help!

"Gemz" wrote:

I am trying to create a report in excel format from a big spreadsheet.
because the spreadsheet in use is quite big we want to extract only the
relevant pieces of information from the report for a management report.

there are numerous filters on this report also..

is there a macro code that can be used to tell the macro what it needs to
select, what to filter by (for example there are things that are "active" and
"inactive" on the spreadsheet, management would just like to see the the
active), and once its done this it should format it in a report sort of way.

i recorded a macro and went through each step but it doesnt really work the
way i'd like.

can you please offer some assistance?

thanks very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

if you cant help me with the custom report can you please offer any
assistance with the 'generic' report you refer to below?

thanks for your help.

"Gemz" wrote:

I am trying to create a report in excel format from a big spreadsheet.
because the spreadsheet in use is quite big we want to extract only the
relevant pieces of information from the report for a management report.

there are numerous filters on this report also..

is there a macro code that can be used to tell the macro what it needs to
select, what to filter by (for example there are things that are "active" and
"inactive" on the spreadsheet, management would just like to see the the
active), and once its done this it should format it in a report sort of way.

i recorded a macro and went through each step but it doesnt really work the
way i'd like.

can you please offer some assistance?

thanks very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

What you are describing is a project, not just a single task that we can give
you a quick answer to. We are most willing to help you do your project, but
many of us do projects like this ourselves for a living. Here, we only offer
free assistance to specific problems. We have no idea what is the "right
info", or what a "fancy report is (in your eyes)" , or what "actually
required" means. All these details, and more would have to be spelled out
before the project could be done. If you are just beginning in Excel, you
can only take it one step at a time, try to work things out for yourself, and
seek help here when needed for the parts you have trouble with, etc
etc.........or, hire a professional to do the project for you.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Gemz" wrote:

I am trying to create a report in excel format from a big spreadsheet.
because the spreadsheet in use is quite big we want to extract only the
relevant pieces of information from the report for a management report.

there are numerous filters on this report also..

is there a macro code that can be used to tell the macro what it needs to
select, what to filter by (for example there are things that are "active" and
"inactive" on the spreadsheet, management would just like to see the the
active), and once its done this it should format it in a report sort of way.

i recorded a macro and went through each step but it doesnt really work the
way i'd like.

can you please offer some assistance?

thanks very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Sorry, I know of no such "generic report".

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Gemz" wrote:

I am trying to create a report in excel format from a big spreadsheet.
because the spreadsheet in use is quite big we want to extract only the
relevant pieces of information from the report for a management report.

there are numerous filters on this report also..

is there a macro code that can be used to tell the macro what it needs to
select, what to filter by (for example there are things that are "active" and
"inactive" on the spreadsheet, management would just like to see the the
active), and once its done this it should format it in a report sort of way.

i recorded a macro and went through each step but it doesnt really work the
way i'd like.

can you please offer some assistance?

thanks very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Good Luck Gemz.............c'mon back anytime, someone will be here to help.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3