Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jelost

Default Creating a report with totals

I have an excel sheet with a list of columns and several rows that I
want to be able to separate the ones that are alike then total the
output.

How can I do this with a macro that can be used after the user selects
the list the macro will run a report and count.

Please see attached zip that shows the data in the excel sheet...then
what I mean by the report.

Thanks hope you can help - j

|Filename: TOTAL per order and type.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4771 |

jelost
jelost's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34499
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=542663

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Lautman

jelost wrote:
I have an excel sheet with a list of columns and several rows that I
want to be able to separate the ones that are alike then total the
output.

How can I do this with a macro that can be used after the user selects
the list the macro will run a report and count.

Please see attached zip that shows the data in the excel sheet...then
what I mean by the report.

Thanks hope you can help - j

Filename: TOTAL per order and type.zip |
Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4771 |

I get the message "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid
link, please notify the administrator"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CaptainP

I wouldn't think you'd need a macro. A Pivot table should do. See
attached file.

If you need the labels as in the .doc file, then let me know and I'll
give you my "Propogate Data" macro which will achive that.

Enjoy

|Filename: Copy of exampleexcel.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4774 |

CaptainP