Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Default creating a report with macros

I know of no "generic" macro that would allow you to fill in the blanks and
get the report you seek.....but of course a custom one, which is what I write
for each instance, will give you exactly what you want.....to include
attractive formatting as well as the correct data.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Gemz" wrote:

I am trying to create a report in excel format from a big spreadsheet.
because the spreadsheet in use is quite big we want to extract only the
relevant pieces of information from the report for a management report.

there are numerous filters on this report also..

is there a macro code that can be used to tell the macro what it needs to
select, what to filter by (for example there are things that are "active" and
"inactive" on the spreadsheet, management would just like to see the the
active), and once its done this it should format it in a report sort of way.

i recorded a macro and went through each step but it doesnt really work the
way i'd like.

can you please offer some assistance?

thanks very much.