Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Linking Files

I have an estimating spreadsheet with links to all my vendors pricing
spreadsheets. I work on a network and a sample path is:
='J:\Depts\Estimating\_Price Schedules\[Sea Group
12.05.07.xls]Agreement'!$F$77

The problem I am having is if a copy all my data to a zip drive to work on
at home I loose all my links because it can no longer find the files. I keep
all my files including on the zip drive in the "Estimating" folder.

Is there any way to change the path name to the common folder "Estimating"
regardless of the drive? Something that might look like this below.

='...\Estimating\_Price Schedules\[Sea Group 12.05.07.xls]Agreement'!$F$77

I also use AutoCad and it has this feature in it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How about just opening the file and changing the links?

Edit|Links|Change source
(in xl2003)

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the only thing that changes is the drive letter, could use do an edit|replace
J: with x:?

Or specify enough info to make the info unique:

edit|replace
what: J:\depts\
with: x:\mydept\
replace all