Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Linking to files

I have a user that is using excel to hyperlink to files. He manages to get
his files linked by when he goes to click on the hyperlink it crashes and
says that it can not associate a program with the file. he is just opening
JPG files. Why might this be happening? I check to see if there was an
associated program related to JPG files and there is. But it seems excel
doesn't make the connection.