Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I change the size of a cell and hide what is in the cell?

I want to be able to change the size of a cell and hide what is typed instead
of it changing the cell size to show what is typed
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Right-click FormatCells AlignmentTAB .......uncheck the "Wrap text"
box.....

If the cell value then overflows to the blank cell at the right, place a
"space" in that cell........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Elisabeth" wrote:

I want to be able to change the size of a cell and hide what is typed instead
of it changing the cell size to show what is typed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you have a white background, then changing the foreground to white
also will effectively hide the contents of the cell (although you will
be able to see the contents in the formula bar when the cell is
selected).

You could hide the contents completely by using Format | Cells |
Protection tab and selecting both Locked and Hidden, and then Tools |
Protection | Protect Sheet, though you will have to Unlock the other
cells first if you want to see what is in them or amend them.

You cannot adjust the size of a cell without also affecting the width
of the column and the height of the row.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 3, 6:07*pm, Elisabeth
wrote:
I want to be able to change the size of a cell and hide what is typed instead
of it changing the cell size to show what is typed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I change the size of a cell and hide what is in the ce

what do you mean by a "space" in the cell to the right? I want the cell to
the right to remain it's own cell instead of having the contents of the cell
to the right overflow

"Elisabeth" wrote:

I want to be able to change the size of a cell and hide what is typed instead
of it changing the cell size to show what is typed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

If the Value is TEXT, it will overflow to the cells to the right if it's
length is longer than it's column width...........placing a single "space"
(or any other character) in that cell to the right will prevent the overflow.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Elisabeth" wrote:

I want to be able to change the size of a cell and hide what is typed instead
of it changing the cell size to show what is typed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

You're welcome, thanks for the feedback...........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Elisabeth" wrote:

ok, that worked. thank you