Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change Cell Size?

I'm trying to change the height and width of "one" cell, without changing the
size of the row and column that it falls within (ex: I want to change the
size of cell "C3", but I don't want to change the size of cells
"C1,C2,C4,etc." nor the size of cell "A3,B3,D3,etc."... is there a way to do
this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure what is wanted.
Selected C3:D3 and use the Merge & Center tool
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"excelhelp" wrote in message
I'm trying to change the height and width of "one" cell, without changing
the
size of the row and column that it falls within (ex: I want to change the
size of cell "C3", but I don't want to change the size of cells
"C1,C2,C4,etc." nor the size of cell "A3,B3,D3,etc."... is there a way to
do
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No way to do this without....shudder.......merging two or more cells.

But if you merge C3 and D3 you won't have a D3 anymore.

If you merge C3 and C4.......no C4 anymore.

So, back to line 1..........no way.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 15:26:00 -0800, excelhelp
wrote:

I'm trying to change the height and width of "one" cell, without changing the
size of the row and column that it falls within (ex: I want to change the
size of cell "C3", but I don't want to change the size of cells
"C1,C2,C4,etc." nor the size of cell "A3,B3,D3,etc."... is there a way to do
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Simple. Can't be done. The width of a column and the height of a row must
be the same. It is a bit of dilemma in presentation when trying to fit
information onto a page.

Is your problem viewing information on the screen without having to scroll
up / down / left / right?
You could try 'wrapping' text (<Format<Cells). This will reduce the width
of an over-long column (at the expense of increasing the height of the row).
Another trick is to reduce the font size. A reduction of 0.5 might be just
enough to reduce the area without having too much of a visual effect.
Sometimes changing from 'portrait to 'landscape' is all that is necessary.

If the problem is getting information onto a printed page you could also try
reducing the margins.

All these measures help to shoe-horn information. If, however you have a
lot of information it may need a re-think, re-design.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions