Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Link Cells from one spreadsheet to another

I have an .xls spreadsheet that has many products on it.
When I get an over all price increase by $.05
I can just put in the increase amount and all my
Products on that page will then show the new cost for the individual items.

LETS call this the
Price Increase .xls sheet
Lets use the product Anklets as an example:
The new cost price for Anklets is now calculated to be $.95.

This cell is linked to another .xls spreadsheet (Anklets Cost sheet) that
has maybe 15 anklets on that page. I have a column for item costs and a
column for Sales price, as well as other necessary data columns.
So all the cost and sales prices are automatically updated for Anklets when
I change the price in the Price Increase page .xls

The big problem is that I need to update my web site with the new prices
via a .csv file
that I call my Anklets csv Upload file.
It is in this file that I setup a link to the prices in the Anklets Cost
sheet.xls), which were
automatically changed when I put the new increased amount in the Price
Increase .xls sheet.

When I have the Anklets csv Upload file On the screen and set up the link
i.e.
='[Price Update.xls]Sheet1'!$H$34, the new price from the Anklets cost sheet
does show up in the .csv Anklets csv Upload file on the screen. But when I
save the file and try to re-open it the link is gone.

If the link in the .csv file to a cell in the .xls file is gone I cant
change my upload files automatically. Any help would be appreciated .
Bricap