Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Formatting/Contents

I have 2 to 5 cells that I want to evaluate for blank/null and check box.
Example: If cell a1 = blank or null AND cell a2 = blank/null AND cell a3 =
checked box then cell a5 = "TEXT". Any ideas on how to do this or location
where I can see an example and read about it.

Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am not sure what is meant by "cell a3 = checked box"
But to check 2 or more conditions use AND
Enter this in A5
=IF(AND(A1="",A2="",A3="@"),"TEXT", "")
By the way "conditional formatting" is something else - like making a cell
red when its value is less than 10
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"THINKINGWAY" wrote in message
I have 2 to 5 cells that I want to evaluate for blank/null and check box.
Example: If cell a1 = blank or null AND cell a2 = blank/null AND cell a3 =
checked box then cell a5 = "TEXT". Any ideas on how to do this or
location
where I can see an example and read about it.

Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank for the information, I will try it ASAP. What I meant by checkbox is
referred to in Excel in the Control Toolbox and Forms as a Check Box. I
would like to look at the Check Box and if it is checked then do one thing
and if it is not checked then do another thing like place contents of cell C2
into A2.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

I am not sure what is meant by "cell a3 = checked box"
But to check 2 or more conditions use AND
Enter this in A5
=IF(AND(A1="",A2="",A3="@"),"TEXT", "")
By the way "conditional formatting" is something else - like making a cell
red when its value is less than 10
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
remove caps from email

"THINKINGWAY" wrote in message
I have 2 to 5 cells that I want to evaluate for blank/null and check box.
Example: If cell a1 = blank or null AND cell a2 = blank/null AND cell a3 =
checked box then cell a5 = "TEXT". Any ideas on how to do this or
location
where I can see an example and read about it.

Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

But an object from the Control Toolbox is not in a cell. You need to
associate it with a cell by looking at the properties. Then the cell has the
value TRUE when the box is checked and FALSE otherwise.
So the IF statement could be =IF(AND(A1="",A2="", A3), "Text","")
There is no need for A3=TRUE, but you could use this if you wish
best wishes