Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Manual Controls

I am trying to copy and paste a formual (continually) that is located in the
first row of my spreadsheet to rows over 100 rows down. Is there any way
that I can copy and paste the formual using the keyboard and not have to go
back up to row one and back down to row 100+. thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Dec 27, 2:06*pm, AUDREY @ SIG
wrote:
I am trying to copy and paste a formual (continually) that is located in the
first row of my spreadsheet to rows over 100 rows down. *Is there any way
that I can copy and paste the formual using the keyboard and not have to go
back up to row one and back down to row 100+. *thanks in advance

I'm not quite sure if you're copying the same exact formula or part of
it or what. But the simple answer is to copy your first cell and
highlight the column of 100 rows and paste.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
yes.
if the formula was at cell A1....
copy cell A1. then high light cells A2 through A100.
on the keyboard ctrl+V.

Regards
FSt1

"AUDREY @ SIG" wrote:

I am trying to copy and paste a formual (continually) that is located in the
first row of my spreadsheet to rows over 100 rows down. Is there any way
that I can copy and paste the formual using the keyboard and not have to go
back up to row one and back down to row 100+. thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am new here myself and am trying to learn from the posts.

No disrespect intended, but I just copied a formula that is in row 1 to rows
2 to 1001 of a spreadsheet I'm working on and it took me 8 seconds.

There is like a way or even several ways of doing what you want and the big
guns will probably come to your rescue soon.

"AUDREY @ SIG" wrote:

I am trying to copy and paste a formual (continually) that is located in the
first row of my spreadsheet to rows over 100 rows down. Is there any way
that I can copy and paste the formual using the keyboard and not have to go
back up to row one and back down to row 100+. thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm taking a different interpretation of the problem.

Select A2 and WindowFreeze Panes.

Row1 will remain in view at all times no matter how far down the sheet you
scroll.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP