Reney Langlois

Default Help on Excel controls

Hi, how or where can I go to get help on the use of the
various controls that I have access to in the "More
Controls" option of my VB toolbox? In particular, I want
to employ a dialog box allowing the user to choose a file
to process. It's been awhile since I've done this outside
of Excel in "regular" VB and I don't remember the code to
make the dialog box appear and reference a default
location, etc, etc.

Thanks much,

Reney Langlois
Harald Staff

Hi Reney

Be very careful with "more controls", they must be installed and licensed to
run in design time on each computer using your file.

For this use a built-in control-less method:

Sub test()
Dim F As Variant
F = Application.GetOpenFilename
If F = False Then Exit Sub 'Cancelled
MsgBox CStr(F)
End Sub

See Help on GetOpenFilename for variables (like filtering certain filetypes
only)

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Reney Langlois" skrev i melding