Harald Staff

Hi Reney

Be very careful with "more controls", they must be installed and licensed to
run in design time on each computer using your file.

For this use a built-in control-less method:

Sub test()
Dim F As Variant
F = Application.GetOpenFilename
If F = False Then Exit Sub 'Cancelled
MsgBox CStr(F)
End Sub

See Help on GetOpenFilename for variables (like filtering certain filetypes
only)

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Reney Langlois" skrev i melding
Hi, how or where can I go to get help on the use of the
various controls that I have access to in the "More
Controls" option of my VB toolbox? In particular, I want
to employ a dialog box allowing the user to choose a file
to process. It's been awhile since I've done this outside
of Excel in "regular" VB and I don't remember the code to
make the dialog box appear and reference a default
location, etc, etc.

Thanks much,

Reney Langlois