Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to change the currency Symbal

Hi,

i want to use the Microfoft Excel Balance Sheet. As i am in India, I wanted
to enter the currtency details in INR. But The program is Written for $.
Please help me hoc i can change the Currency Symbal as INR.

Looking forward from your end...

Regards,
Sreeni
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This is best to do this outside of Excel. I will assume you are using
Windows XP (but the method is similar in other OSs)
Click the Start button at the lower left of screen; locate and open Control
Panel; locate and open Regional Setting; now set the country to India and
your currency symbol should be OK.

Alternatively, use Format \ Style; select Currency in the window and then
Edit this style
best wishes from Canada
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Sreeni" wrote in message

i want to use the Microfoft Excel Balance Sheet. As i am in India, I
wanted
to enter the currtency details in INR. But The program is Written for $.
Please help me hoc i can change the Currency Symbal as INR.

Looking forward from your end...

Regards,
Sreeni

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

First unprotect the sheet through ToolsProtection.

Then select the range to format to INR and FormatCellsCurrencySymbolINR and
OK.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP