Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default change a currency number display

I have created a formula to calculate a real estate payment, which returns a
negative number as the result. I need to change the negative number to a
postive number to use in other formulas. How do you do it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Say A1 has your negative number then in A2 enter the below

=ABS(A1)* your figure here

VBA Noob

--
VBA Noob
VBA Noob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33833

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use the absolute value function around the cell reference in the
formulas - it converts negative numbers to positive numbers. Instead
of =A1 * B1, the formula would read =A1 * ABS(B1).

wilywayne wrote:
I have created a formula to calculate a real estate payment, which returns a
negative number as the result. I need to change the negative number to a
postive number to use in other formulas. How do you do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=ABS(A1)

If you post your formula we can show you how to incorporate the ABS function
into it.

"wilywayne" wrote:

I have created a formula to calculate a real estate payment, which returns a
negative number as the result. I need to change the negative number to a
postive number to use in other formulas. How do you do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

THANKS FOR THE HELP...THE FORMULA THAT I USED IS =PMT(L42/23,L43,M41)
THE L42/12 IS THE MONTHLY INTEREST RATE, L43 IS THE TERM IN MONTHS AND M41
IS THE DOLLAR AMOUNT....