Ewan

Default Get "Error 1327" message when trying to run setup.

I get the same error while trying to insall SP-1 for Office 2003.

Error: 1327

Cant find any menton of it.... help :S

"SKM" wrote:

I followed instructions for installing add-ins and got the "NAME?" error
message. Tried reinstalling MSOffice 2003, and get an "Error 1327" meassage.

mike

Error 1327 means there is an invalid drive location in the registry.
In my case it was "invalid drive E". Just so happens I have a drive
E: which is a Sandisk SD card reader. Although it was not connected
at the time, there was still an entry in the registry for it. This was after
performing a "safely remove hardware" action. I simply connected the drive
(USB) and stuck a SD card in it. The installation then worked fine.
If you have ever had a storage device (drive) attached to your computer,
try re-attaching it. The drive letter seems to be picked at random by error
1327.

mike

"SKM" wrote:

I followed instructions for installing add-ins and got the "NAME?" error
message. Tried reinstalling MSOffice 2003, and get an "Error 1327" meassage.

Enea

I got the same €śError 1327. Invalid Drive E:\€ť with an iPod USB drive.
Unluckily that drive is gone and I should find out a solution without the
iPod USB drive.
Is it possible to amend the registry? How? Where?
Thank you and best regards
Enea

"SKM" wrote:

I followed instructions for installing add-ins and got the "NAME?" error
message. Tried reinstalling MSOffice 2003, and get an "Error 1327" meassage.

Enea

Dear Mike:
Thank you for your reply. I have successfully installed that utility and
then run, but Office 2003 Pro programs were not shown in the utility's
application list. I am afraid that I am forced to restore the whole thing.
Luckily I have a system file image (Norton Ghost).
Thank you again.
Enea

"SKM" wrote:

I followed instructions for installing add-ins and got the "NAME?" error
message. Tried reinstalling MSOffice 2003, and get an "Error 1327" meassage.

Enea

Dear Mike:
System successfuly restored but the 1327 error is still there!.... I do
not understand....
The image file was taken before IPod setup.
Any idea? Maybe I should go to MS support to open a ticket?
Thank you again,
Enea

"SKM" wrote:

I followed instructions for installing add-ins and got the "NAME?" error
message. Tried reinstalling MSOffice 2003, and get an "Error 1327" meassage.

Enea

Dear Mike:
Solution found...!
Might be useful for others.
All you need to do is to edit a registry key. Run regedit and navigate
to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\11.0\ Delivery
then go ahead and change LocalCacheDrive to a valid drive letter.
I would also recommend to go through the troubleshooting steps in the
article that says "How to use a setup log file to troubleshoot setup problems
in Office 2003"

Best regards,
Enea