mike

Microsoft sent me this info.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290301
Hope it helps
mike

"Enea" wrote:

I got the same €śError 1327. Invalid Drive E:\€ť with an iPod USB drive.
Unluckily that drive is gone and I should find out a solution without the
iPod USB drive.
Is it possible to amend the registry? How? Where?
Thank you and best regards
Enea

"mike" wrote:

Error 1327 means there is an invalid drive location in the registry.
In my case it was "invalid drive E". Just so happens I have a drive
E: which is a Sandisk SD card reader. Although it was not connected
at the time, there was still an entry in the registry for it. This was after
performing a "safely remove hardware" action. I simply connected the drive
(USB) and stuck a SD card in it. The installation then worked fine.
If you have ever had a storage device (drive) attached to your computer,
try re-attaching it. The drive letter seems to be picked at random by error
1327.

mike

"Ewan" wrote:

I get the same error while trying to insall SP-1 for Office 2003.

Error: 1327

Cant find any menton of it.... help :S

"SKM" wrote:

I followed instructions for installing add-ins and got the "NAME?" error
message. Tried reinstalling MSOffice 2003, and get an "Error 1327" meassage.