Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Label template for Excel in Avery size 8160?

I am trying to make labels where the text is different in Each label. I am
having a very hard time getting the size of the cells correct. I need 3
columns & 3 rows in each label. That way, my company name and certain other
info can stay in each label, via linking, and the rest can be different in
each label.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Don't try to do it directly from Excel. The mail merge facility in Word
will work with Avery label sizes, and can take the source data from an Excel
worksheet.
--
David Biddulph

"Lace" wrote in message
I am trying to make labels where the text is different in Each label. I am
having a very hard time getting the size of the cells correct. I need 3
columns & 3 rows in each label. That way, my company name and certain
other
info can stay in each label, via linking, and the rest can be different in
each label.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

David / Lace,
I agree that labels should be done from Word. Instead of telling WORD to
create labels inside the mail merge function, create a table yourself, so you
can resize the cells and put either static information, or merge fields
wherever you want.

DAVID: What do you know about doing a similar type of merge using an Excel
file as the data source, and another Excel file that's been created to print
out as a form. I'm not allowed to re-create it in WORD or this would be a
piece of cake.

"Lace" wrote in message
I am trying to make labels where the text is different in Each label. I am
having a very hard time getting the size of the cells correct. I need 3
columns & 3 rows in each label. That way, my company name and certain
other
info can stay in each label, via linking, and the rest can be different in
each label.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Dec 21 2007, 2:16*am, Lace wrote:
I am trying to make labels where the text is different in Each label. I am
having a very hard time getting the size of the cells correct. I need 3
columns & 3 rows in each label. That way, my company name and certain other
info can stay in each label, via linking, and the rest can be different in
each label.

Did you ever figure this one out? I am looking for the same exact
thing as you. I created a macro spit out he numbers, but now i need it
in a format to print on a label.