Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sum IF function From time to number not working??

Hi,

I am having a very large problem that may have the simplest solution!
Wondering if anyone can help??

I have in Cell G8 the following formula:

=IF(G5="",0,(G7-G5-G6)*24)

The problem I am encountering is that it value the cell as 0.4999998
and if I ROUNUP it vlaues it at 1.0 and if i just ROUND it values it
as 0.9999998??

Is there any way of making it round correctly??

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

wrote in message

I am having a very large problem that may have the simplest solution!
Wondering if anyone can help??

I have in Cell G8 the following formula:

=IF(G5="",0,(G7-G5-G6)*24)

The problem I am encountering is that it value the cell as 0.4999998
and if I ROUNUP it vlaues it at 1.0 and if i just ROUND it values it
as 0.9999998??

Is there any way of making it round correctly??

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

I am using this formula

=IF(G5="",0,ROUND((G7-G5-G6)*24,0))

That rounds it to 0.999998

and if I do not round it the value is 0.4999998

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I tried typing 0.4999998 into cell C2; and =ROUND(C2,1) in D2 and I get
0.5000000. But if I try =ROUND(C2,0) in D2 I get 0.0000000.

Also, you could try reducing the number of decimal places in cell formatting.

Kind regards
Dylan

wrote in message

I am having a very large problem that may have the simplest solution!
Wondering if anyone can help??

I have in Cell G8 the following formula:

=IF(G5="",0,(G7-G5-G6)*24)

The problem I am encountering is that it value the cell as 0.4999998
and if I ROUNUP it vlaues it at 1.0 and if i just ROUND it values it
as 0.9999998??

Is there any way of making it round correctly??

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

I am using this formula

=IF(G5="",0,ROUND((G7-G5-G6)*24,0))

That rounds it to 0.999998

and if I do not round it the value is 0.4999998

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

wrote in message

I am having a very large problem that may have the simplest solution!
Wondering if anyone can help??

I have in Cell G8 the following formula:

=IF(G5="",0,(G7-G5-G6)*24)

The problem I am encountering is that it value the cell as 0.4999998
and if I ROUNUP it vlaues it at 1.0 and if i just ROUND it values it
as 0.9999998??

Is there any way of making it round correctly??

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

I am using this formula

=IF(G5="",0,ROUND((G7-G5-G6)*24,0))

That rounds it to 0.999998

and if I do not round it the value is 0.4999998

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Thanks - that did the job :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm amazed. But you didn't reply to the bit where we asked:
" ... (and what numbers in the input cells)? "
so those of us without ESP can't investigate your problem.
--
David Biddulph

wrote in message

I am having a very large problem that may have the simplest solution!
Wondering if anyone can help??

I have in Cell G8 the following formula:

=IF(G5="",0,(G7-G5-G6)*24)

The problem I am encountering is that it value the cell as 0.4999998
and if I ROUNUP it vlaues it at 1.0 and if i just ROUND it values it
as 0.9999998??

Is there any way of making it round correctly??

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

I am using this formula

=IF(G5="",0,ROUND((G7-G5-G6)*24,0))

That rounds it to 0.999998

and if I do not round it the value is 0.4999998

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi,

In case the value is less than zero and the formula is =round(H3,0) it will
give you answer as '0'
Since the value in the cell is less than zero and formula refers to the
nearest next number. Hence i suggest you should put the formula as
=round(H3,1) since the nearest number after zero is 1. Answer would be 0.5

Excel 2003

Thanks
Suleman Peerzade