Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Weird Problem

One of my collegue's excel has a weird problem. Whenever he types something
in excel and presses enter, ^ sign comes before the text or the number.
Because of this formulas dont work he has to edit the cell and delete this ^
sign to make it work.

What can be the issue?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I've seen this with text (not numbers).

Maybe you could try this:
tools|Options|Transition tab|Uncheck "Transition navigation keys"
(xl2003 menu system)

In fact, I'd uncheck all those Lotus 123 settings.

In old versions of Lotus 123, you could center your entry by typing that caret
(^abcd would center abcd in the cell).

Leading apostrophes 'abcd meant that it was left justified.
Leading backslash \abcd would fill the cell with that string

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excell is set to behave like Lotus 1-2-3

Try this:
From the Excel Main Menu:
<tools<options<transition tab

UNcheck everything!