Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default entering values without changing the function in the cell

I guess I am a novice, but there should be a way for the user to input the
appropriate values in the spreadsheet I have created for them without them
changing the functions within the cells as they enter data. ??? HELP!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Shea

well in a cell can only be one value or a formula, but not both
simultaneously.
So, if you have a formula and you enter text into that cell, the
formula will be overwritten.

hth

Carlo

On Dec 13, 11:18 am, Shea LaRoux <Shea
wrote:
I guess I am a novice, but there should be a way for the user to input the
appropriate values in the spreadsheet I have created for them without them
changing the functions within the cells as they enter data. ??? HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just to add a little to this reply, typically there will be cells for user
data to be entered and other cells containing formulas to do calculations
based on whatever user data is entered. A simple example would be a bank
balance calculator. Money paid in would be put into column A (starting at
A2). Money withdrawn would be put in column B (starting at B2). Opening
balance would be put in C1. Then the formula for calculating a running
balance would be put in C2 and copied down column C as far as required:
=C1+A2-B2

If you need more help tell us specifically what your spreadsheet is trying
to achieve.