Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I use formulars from another worksheet

Hi, am in college and am trying to use excel to create a worksheet that I can
use to do my homework and study.

I want to input the formulas on sheet2 in excel, the formulars will also
contain information on how to use them.

I would like to be able to easily transfer the formulas and the information
on how to use the formulas from sheet2 to sheet1, without using copy and
past.

Do I need to use a macro for each formula?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can reference other sheets in a workbook by using this formula:
=Sheet2!A1

Note that the '!' is very important.

If you are referencing a different workbook, use this formula

='[OtherWorkbook.xls]Sheet2'!A1

"Excel101" wrote:

Hi, am in college and am trying to use excel to create a worksheet that I can
use to do my homework and study.

I want to input the formulas on sheet2 in excel, the formulars will also
contain information on how to use them.

I would like to be able to easily transfer the formulas and the information
on how to use the formulas from sheet2 to sheet1, without using copy and
past.

Do I need to use a macro for each formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just a small addition:

if your worksheet has a space in the name:

='my formulas'!A1

the ' are needed if there is a space in the name.

Cheers Carlo

"Excel101" wrote:
Hi, am in college and am trying to use excel to create a worksheet that I can
use to do my homework and study.

I want to input the formulas on sheet2 in excel, the formulars will also
contain information on how to use them.

I would like to be able to easily transfer the formulas and the information
on how to use the formulas from sheet2 to sheet1, without using copy and
past.

Do I need to use a macro for each formula?- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking of having several formulas on sheet2, then only transfer the
formula that I need.

Sometimes when I copy information in excel a pop up widow comes up on the
right hand side will the information that i copied. I would like something
like that but it would be permanent.

Exp. If I have data from cell A1 to C3, would I be able to easily transfer
all the information from those cell to sheet1?

Thanks