Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
greenfrog

Default need help with formulars

Hi, new to Excel and need help with a formula! First page is an order form,
second is the data base containing products and prices. I'd like to know the
formula that enables me to link product 1,on sheet2, to its adjacent price in
sheet 2, then have it calculate the total price on sheet 1. Example: Sheet2
(products linked to drop down list on sheet 1) when product 1 is selected
from the drop down list on sheet1, the price of that product is inserted into
the sub total box on the same page and then adds subsiquent sellection from
other drop down lists to the same sub total. If anyone is willing to help I
could send a copy of the file for you to avaluate.
Thank you in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

Looks like you need a VLOOKUP formula.

let's assume that you have a drop down list in A1, to have the corresponding
price in B1 you would put:

=IF(A1="","",VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:B100,2,0))
Sheet2!A1:A100 would be the range with product name in column 1 and price in
column 2.

HTH
JG

"greenfrog" wrote:

Hi, new to Excel and need help with a formula! First page is an order form,
second is the data base containing products and prices. I'd like to know the
formula that enables me to link product 1,on sheet2, to its adjacent price in
sheet 2, then have it calculate the total price on sheet 1. Example: Sheet2
(products linked to drop down list on sheet 1) when product 1 is selected
from the drop down list on sheet1, the price of that product is inserted into
the sub total box on the same page and then adds subsiquent sellection from
other drop down lists to the same sub total. If anyone is willing to help I
could send a copy of the file for you to avaluate.
Thank you in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
greenfrog

Hi Pinmaster and thanks for your reply. Unfortunately either I'm too stupid
to work it out or the formula you suggest isn't the one for me (I think the
first option is more likely to be correct!) Thanks for your time and effort.