Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using a cell with a formula in it for lookup value

I have been unable to find out if this is a limitation in Excel or a
mistake on my end. I have a vlookup function, everything is same
format, trimmed, etc.... The lookup value contains a formula referring
to another sheet and this is the only thing I can think of that's
generating the dreaded "N/A" error. Also, the index column in the
lookup array is composed of a formula pointing to yet another sheet.

I hope my question makes sense! Looking forward to some help-- thanks
all!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Please post your formulas and the values of your input cells. Is the table sorted? If so, how? Ascending?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"homuncula" wrote in message ...
|I have been unable to find out if this is a limitation in Excel or a
| mistake on my end. I have a vlookup function, everything is same
| format, trimmed, etc.... The lookup value contains a formula referring
| to another sheet and this is the only thing I can think of that's
| generating the dreaded "N/A" error. Also, the index column in the
| lookup array is composed of a formula pointing to yet another sheet.
|
| I hope my question makes sense! Looking forward to some help-- thanks
| all!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The table is not sorted, so I'm appending "false" which I understand
should solve that problem.
Here's the primary formula:
=VLOOKUP(A2,'sheet 1'!A:F,6,FALSE)

The formula inside A2 (the lookup value) is:
=IF('sheet 2'!Q2=FALSE,TRIM('sheet 2'!A2),0)

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Still no values. What's sheet 2!A2? What's sheet 2!Q2?
What's in column A of your lookup table?
On which sheet is the VLOOKUP formula?

Please be precise

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"homuncula" wrote in message ...
| The table is not sorted, so I'm appending "false" which I understand
| should solve that problem.
| Here's the primary formula:
| =VLOOKUP(A2,'sheet 1'!A:F,6,FALSE)
|
| The formula inside A2 (the lookup value) is:
| =IF('sheet 2'!Q2=FALSE,TRIM('sheet 2'!A2),0)
|

| Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry... I withdraw the question and apologize for troubling you.