Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula to lookup cell value

On worksheet 1 in A2 I have a cell value of American Advantage. In cell
A1 I need the value on worksheet to of the percent (0.43%).

I need a formula to do something like this. If worksheet 2 A1:A6 =
worksheet 1 A2, then let A1= worksheet b2. Then if the fund is not in list I
need worksheet A1 to equal 0.00%

This would be what worksheet 2 would look like.

AIM BASIC BALANCED $10,630.02 0.29%
AMERICAN ADVANTAGE SM CAP VAL $15,738.30 0.43%
AMERICAN BALANCED FUND R3 $12,906.04 0.35%
COLUMBIA ACORN $64,048.18 1.75%
EUROPACIFIC GROWTH $213,617.45 5.84%
Franklin Small-Mid Cap Growth $194,030.84 5.30%

Any suggestions. I used vlookup which works except for when the fund is not
in the list and I need a results of 0.00%

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Barb,

It doesn't like the 0 in the middle of the , ,. I don't know if I am doing
something wrong or if I need a different formula. I don't understand this
one. Can you explain

"sweetsue516" wrote:

On worksheet 1 in A2 I have a cell value of American Advantage. In cell
A1 I need the value on worksheet to of the percent (0.43%).

I need a formula to do something like this. If worksheet 2 A1:A6 =
worksheet 1 A2, then let A1= worksheet b2. Then if the fund is not in list I
need worksheet A1 to equal 0.00%

This would be what worksheet 2 would look like.

AIM BASIC BALANCED $10,630.02 0.29%
AMERICAN ADVANTAGE SM CAP VAL $15,738.30 0.43%
AMERICAN BALANCED FUND R3 $12,906.04 0.35%
COLUMBIA ACORN $64,048.18 1.75%
EUROPACIFIC GROWTH $213,617.45 5.84%
Franklin Small-Mid Cap Growth $194,030.84 5.30%

Any suggestions. I used vlookup which works except for when the fund is not
in the list and I need a results of 0.00%

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is A9 to A25 sorted, ascending?

Since you're *not* using the 4th argument of Vlookup, the lookup table
*must* be sorted ascending for the return to be accurate.
--
HTH,

RD

"sweetsue516" wrote:

On worksheet 1 in A2 I have a cell value of American Advantage.
In cell
A1 I need the value on worksheet to of the percent (0.43%).

I need a formula to do something like this. If worksheet 2 A1:A6 =
worksheet 1 A2, then let A1= worksheet b2. Then if the fund is not
in list I
need worksheet A1 to equal 0.00%

This would be what worksheet 2 would look like.

AIM BASIC BALANCED $10,630.02 0.29%
AMERICAN ADVANTAGE SM CAP VAL $15,738.30 0.43%
AMERICAN BALANCED FUND R3 $12,906.04 0.35%
COLUMBIA ACORN $64,048.18 1.75%
EUROPACIFIC GROWTH $213,617.45 5.84%
Franklin Small-Mid Cap Growth $194,030.84 5.30%

Any suggestions. I used vlookup which works except for when the
fund is not
in the list and I need a results of 0.00%

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I can get lookup and vlookup formulas to work great, but I run into problems
when the value I want looked up isn't listed.

When I value is not listed, I need it to display 0.00

"sweetsue516" wrote:

On worksheet 1 in A2 I have a cell value of American Advantage.
In cell
A1 I need the value on worksheet to of the percent (0.43%).

I need a formula to do something like this. If worksheet 2 A1:A6 =
worksheet 1 A2, then let A1= worksheet b2. Then if the fund is not
in list I
need worksheet A1 to equal 0.00%

This would be what worksheet 2 would look like.

AIM BASIC BALANCED $10,630.02 0.29%
AMERICAN ADVANTAGE SM CAP VAL $15,738.30 0.43%
AMERICAN BALANCED FUND R3 $12,906.04 0.35%
COLUMBIA ACORN $64,048.18 1.75%
EUROPACIFIC GROWTH $213,617.45 5.84%
Franklin Small-Mid Cap Growth $194,030.84 5.30%

Any suggestions. I used vlookup which works except for when the
fund is not
in the list and I need a results of 0.00%

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Barb,

I posted a copy of that equation. Did you see it.

For some reason it is not working. Does my list need to be sorted ascending?

"sweetsue516" wrote:

On worksheet 1 in A2 I have a cell value of American Advantage.
In cell
A1 I need the value on worksheet to of the percent (0.43%).

I need a formula to do something like this. If worksheet 2 A1:A6 =
worksheet 1 A2, then let A1= worksheet b2. Then if the fund is not
in list I
need worksheet A1 to equal 0.00%

This would be what worksheet 2 would look like.

AIM BASIC BALANCED $10,630.02 0.29%
AMERICAN ADVANTAGE SM CAP VAL $15,738.30 0.43%
AMERICAN BALANCED FUND R3 $12,906.04 0.35%
COLUMBIA ACORN $64,048.18 1.75%
EUROPACIFIC GROWTH $213,617.45 5.84%
Franklin Small-Mid Cap Growth $194,030.84 5.30%

Any suggestions. I used vlookup which works except for when the
fund is not
in the list and I need a results of 0.00%

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Barb,

I went back to double check the equation you gave me. I found the
problem...I missed a (

It works perfectly!!!