Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
homuncula homuncula is offline

Default Using a cell with a formula in it for lookup value

I have been unable to find out if this is a limitation in Excel or a
mistake on my end. I have a vlookup function, everything is same
format, trimmed, etc.... The lookup value contains a formula referring
to another sheet and this is the only thing I can think of that's
generating the dreaded "N/A" error. Also, the index column in the
lookup array is composed of a formula pointing to yet another sheet.

I hope my question makes sense! Looking forward to some help-- thanks
all!