Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rob Rob is offline

Default Copying a Filter list to a new worksheet.

Hi,

On Worksheet A - I have 100 rows. I want to copy those set of rows to
another worksheet (b) and then filter it. So if data is entered in worksheet
A, then when I switch to worksheet B , if the new data matches the filter
criteria it is displayed.

the end result would be worksheet A contains unfiltered rows and worksheet B
contains filtered rows.

Thanks Rob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

If your intent is to auto-copy lines within a master sheet by the unique
items in a key col to their respective sheets, then this non-array formulas
set-up is one way which will deliver it ..

Take this sample construct from my archives:
http://www.savefile.com/files/430142
AutoCopy Lines to Resp Sht Non Array.xls
(Full details inside, nicely rendered. Easy to adapt ..)

An alternative link to the above sample is available at:
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/NDE1MzM=

Data is continuously entered in a master ("parent") sheet, with lines neatly
auto-copied to each individual ("child") sheet based on the values within a
key col.

In the sample, the key col in the master sheet is the "State" col, which may
contain eg: NY, CA, NV, SD, AZ, etc. All lines with "NY" in the key col will
be auto-copied to the sheet named: NY, and appear neatly bunched at the top,
w/o any intervening blank lines. Ditto for lines with "CA", "NV", etc which
will be copied into their respective sheets.

Propagation of the "child" sheet is as simple as making a copy of the
initial one, then renaming it accordingly as the next key col value. Eg we
first formulate one child sheet for "NY", dress it up nicely, then just make
copies of the "NY" sheet, and rename these as: CA, NV, SD, etc.
--
Max
Singapore