Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formulas Not Calculating Correctly

In a new worksheet into which I have copied formulas & number formats from
previous worksheets, the formulas in the new worksheet are not working
correctly. The formulas are for subtraction in one and conversions in the
other column. How can this be fixed?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What does:

previous worksheets, the formulas in the new worksheet are not working
correctly.

mean?

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Daren" wrote in message
In a new worksheet into which I have copied formulas & number formats from
previous worksheets, the formulas in the new worksheet are not working
correctly. The formulas are for subtraction in one and conversions in the
other column. How can this be fixed?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Please don't post the same message in multiple newsgroups - it just
tends to fragment your answers, and potentially wastes the time of those
replying to questions that have already been answered.

FWIW, you got essentially the same reply in this group and in
m.p.excel.misc.

In article ,
Daren wrote:

In a new worksheet into which I have copied formulas & number formats from
previous worksheets, the formulas in the new worksheet are not working
correctly. The formulas are for subtraction in one and conversions in the
other column. How can this be fixed?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Here is more information...The data are times. For example, cell A1 is 9:00
and cell B1 is 12:00. Cell
C1 contains the formula B1-A1, and this is where the calcuation is not
right...instead of returning 3 hours, it would return something like 1 hour.
Also, cell D1 is a convert function for converting hours to minutes, and the
formula is =convert(c1,"hr","mn). Therefore, the subtraction and convert
formulas are not working for this worksheet, even though they do work
properly for other worksheets in the file.
Thanks.

What does:

"Daren" wrote in message
In a new worksheet into which I have copied formulas & number formats from
previous worksheets, the formulas in the new worksheet are not working
correctly. The formulas are for subtraction in one and conversions in the
other column. How can this be fixed?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the formulas are copied to any other sheet in the workbook and work
correctly there then I can only think that is is some sort of corruption in
that sheet. Sorry I am out of guesses.

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Daren" wrote in message
Yes

"Daren" wrote in message
Here is more information...The data are times. For example, cell A1 is
9:00
and cell B1 is 12:00. Cell
C1 contains the formula B1-A1, and this is where the calcuation is not
right...instead of returning 3 hours, it would return something like 1
hour.
Also, cell D1 is a convert function for converting hours to minutes,
and
the
formula is =convert(c1,"hr","mn). Therefore, the subtraction and
convert
formulas are not working for this worksheet, even though they do work
properly for other worksheets in the file.
Thanks.

What does:

"Daren" wrote in message
In a new worksheet into which I have copied formulas & number
formats
from
previous worksheets, the formulas in the new worksheet are not
working
correctly. The formulas are for subtraction in one and conversions
in
the
other column. How can this be fixed?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On second thoughts you may if you wish send me a copy of the workbook and I
will take a look at it but I make no promises. Change my address as it says
below in my signature.

--

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
If the formulas are copied to any other sheet in the workbook and work
correctly there then I can only think that is is some sort of corruption
in that sheet. Sorry I am out of guesses.

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Daren" wrote in message
Yes

"Daren" wrote in message
Here is more information...The data are times. For example, cell A1
is
9:00
and cell B1 is 12:00. Cell
C1 contains the formula B1-A1, and this is where the calcuation is not
right...instead of returning 3 hours, it would return something like 1
hour.
Also, cell D1 is a convert function for converting hours to minutes,
and
the
formula is =convert(c1,"hr","mn). Therefore, the subtraction and
convert
formulas are not working for this worksheet, even though they do work
properly for other worksheets in the file.
Thanks.

What does: