Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CH CH is offline

Default formula not calculating correctly

I am having trouble in a simple task - copying a formula from one cell to
another.

Example:
Cell A1 has value 4, Cell B1 has value 5, I set C1 = A1+B1 and excel calcs
as 9.
Cell A2 has value 1, Cell B2 has value 2.
I copy the formula from C1 into C2 and excel shows the formula shows as
A2+B2. When I hit enter, C2 shows the value of 9, although the formula shows
A2+B2.
To correct this error, I have to go into C2 and when the cells A2 and B2 are
highlighted and hit enter, Excel recalculates to the correct value of 3 (1+2).

Does anyone know why this happens?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click on Tools, Options, select the Calculation tab, and set calculation to
Automatic. That should solve your problem

--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman
Change xxx to hotmail