Grant

Default how do I get lookup to work

Hi All,
I have a growing list of about 3000 8 digit phone numbers and I need to
check if the 3rd and 4th digits of these numbers (eg 74) is equal to another
number in a list (array) of about 15 numbers and if so to flag it. But I'm
getting nowhere. I tried lookup (which will pick the number closest number -
not look for an exact match), and Vlookup which just didn't seem to work. Can
anyone point me is the right direction... any help and advice would really be
appreciated. Thanks!
--
Grant Turri-Petrie
Steve R

Try

=INDEX($E$1:$E$12,MATCH(MID(A2,3,2)*1,$E$1:$E$12,0 ),1)

Where E1:E12 is your array of two digit numbers to check.

A no-match will return #Value (if the number in A2 has too few digits) or
#NA (if no match).

Steve