Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default vlookup combine indirect

Hello,

I have a simple issue. I want to build up a dymanic formula which
allow me to change the tab range I want to lookup.
For example. I have data located in monthly tabs, it names as: 1-2007,
2-2007, 3-2007....11-2007,12-2007. Inside those tabs, I have the same
range data need to vlookup, ie. $C:$AF
Now, I have a summary page need to set up, here is my cell's formula,

A B
1 11-2007
2 $C:$AF
3 '11-2007'!$C:$AF (="'"&$A$1&"'!"&$A2)
4
abc
=vlookup($A4,indirect($A$3),8,0)

I want to do is I can chane cell A1 and A2 to locate the month data I
want to see. But the issue is indirect($A$3) return me 0.

Do I loss something?

Vincent
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There's nothing wrong with the formula. If it's returning a 0 that means
that particular cell in the lookup table is empty.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP