dcd123

Default Combine Indirect and Sumif

I would like to run both the indirect and sumif functions in the same
cell and am not quite sure how to structure it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

--
dcd123
dcd123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25396

Peo Sjoblom

What are you trying to do?

=SUMIF(INDIRECT("A1:A10"),"0",INDIRECT("B1:B10"))

Peo Sjoblom

"dcd123" wrote in
message ...

I would like to run both the indirect and sumif functions in the same
cell and am not quite sure how to structure it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

--
dcd123
dcd123's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=479218

dcd123

Let's see if I can explain this:

I have a workbook with many sheets. I have created a summary sheet
that brings in information from the other sheets.

I want the indirect function to return a number from a specific cell
from each sheet next to the relative name. Then I want to subtract
from that number the amount that has already been paid for the year
(this is where I'm thinking I need to use the Sumif), this number is on
the summary sheet, but I want to use a criteria to return the relative
amount. Then I want to divide that result by the number of remaining
months in the year.

So I need to combine the two functions:

=INDIRECT($A82&"!"&$C$2)

Minus

=SUMIF(A3:A158,A82,C3:C158)

/11

I hope that helps.

--
dcd123
dcd123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25396
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=479218

dcd123

I got it to work! Thanks...your sample steered me in the right
direction.