Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Display in a selected cell the 1st negative value's matching date

I'm preparing an amortization schedule and I want to display at the top of
the worksheet in a designated cell the month/year when the 1st negative value
occurrs in the loan balance column. Then, as I change my payment amounts I
will be able to immediately see the pay-off date result at the top of the
worksheet.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With dates in A2:A1000 and values in B2:B1000 (adapt to fit you own
requirements

=INDEX($A$2:$A$1000,MATCH(TRUE,$B$2:$B$1000<0,0))

entered with ctrl + shift & enter

Peo Sjoblom