Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Removing a period and leaving maintaingn a fixed #of numbers

Good Morning,

How Can I combine these two?

=substitute(a1,".","") and =left(a1,9)

I have a string of numbers and I have a period among those numbers(the
period is not in a fixed place), I would like to remove the period and always
keep first left nine digits.

Lets say 42.254420115600000000, 422542011

Thank you for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=LEFT(SUBSTITUTE(A10,".",""),9)

Is that something you can work with?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"Iguss" wrote in message
Good Morning,

How Can I combine these two?

=substitute(a1,".","") and =left(a1,9)

I have a string of numbers and I have a period among those numbers(the
period is not in a fixed place), I would like to remove the period and
always
keep first left nine digits.

Lets say 42.254420115600000000, 422542011

Thank you for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

One more question
Cell is empty
#VALUE!
Callable 12/15/07@101 (should be blank)
Callable - Sinking Fund 05/01/08@100 - Escrowed Escrowed
Callable 05/15/08@100 - Bank
Escrowed

=TRIM(MID(CallDate,FIND("@",CallDate)+6,LEN(CallDa te)))

Thank you for help

How do I get above results without the #value!