Old November 8th 07, 03:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Delete all negative numbers leaving only positive numbers

I have a column containing positive and negative numbers. I need a formula
that will delete all the negative numbers from the list leaving only the
positive ones.

the list is extremely long so it would help me enormously. I hope someone
can help

Regards

Basil

Old November 8th 07, 03:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If your list is in column A, then in B1 enter:
=IF(A1=0,A1,"")
and copy down. Column B will have the negatives cleared. If you like, you
can copy column B and pastespecial/value back onto column A

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200754

Old November 8th 07, 03:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ahh yes,

I did forget to mention that the column of numbers relates to other columns
with corresponding information in them. So i need the formula to delete the
whole row relating to the negative number for all the negative numbers
leaving only positive numbers with their corresponding row information.

Sorry about that, can you still help?

Old November 8th 07, 03:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

right click the sheet tab, view code and paste this in and run it. It looks
for a zero value in column A and deletes the entire row if it finds one.

Sub sonic()
lastrow = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row
For x = lastrow To 1 Step -1
If Cells(x, 1).Value = 0 Then
Rows(x).EntireRow.Delete
End If
Next
End Sub

Mike

Old November 8th 07, 03:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Basil,

Sort your entire list based on that column, then select all the negative numbers and use Edit /
Delete.. Entirerow.

If you need to maintain the original order, insert another column, enter 1 in the first cell, 2 in
the second, select both cells and drag down, then do the sort/delete, and then resort based on the
inserted column to restore the original order. Then get rid of that column.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

Old November 8th 07, 03:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Filter your data using Data-Filter-Aoutfilter. Excel offers the SUBTOTAL
function which will ignore the hidden cells. You can do a lot of stuff using
the SUBTOTAL function (like AVERAGE, SUM, MIN, MAX etc.).

Old November 8th 07, 03:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the full range of data, then apply an auto-filter. Filter to show
the negative numbers (using the Custom option in the filter), and then
Delete Row. As ever, safest to save a copy before you try this.
--
David Biddulph

Old November 8th 07, 04:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Delete the row or clear the row??
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200755