Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default corresponding text and numeric cells

Hi
I have 2 columns, column A consist of digit 1 to 273. and column B is name
of city.
That is duplicate. when i copy A1:A273 or cells individualy to M100:M373,i
want to transfer related name in B1:B273 entirly or singular,would you please
help me?
regards
A B
1 Rome
2 Rome
3 london
4 london
... ...
273 calif
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi climate,

Not sure this is what you want but try this in N100
=VLOOKUP(M100,$A$1:$B$273,2,FALSE)
and drag it down to N373.

HTH
Martin

"climate" wrote in message
Hi
I have 2 columns, column A consist of digit 1 to 273. and column B is name
of city.
That is duplicate. when i copy A1:A273 or cells individualy to M100:M373,i
want to transfer related name in B1:B273 entirly or singular,would you
please
help me?
regards
A B
1 Rome
2 Rome
3 london
4 london
.. ...
273 calif

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Martin
My purpose is,when i copy A1,A5,A22,.... to M100,M105,M122,... , related
name in column B (B1,B5,B22,....), transfer too.
regards

"climate" wrote in message
Hi
I have 2 columns, column A consist of digit 1 to 273. and column B is
name
of city.
That is duplicate. when i copy A1:A273 or cells individualy to
M100:M373,i
want to transfer related name in B1:B273 entirly or singular,would you
please
help me?
regards
A B
1 Rome
2 Rome
3 london
4 london
.. ...
273 calif

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Climate,

Yes that's what that formula does.
Did you copy it to N100 and then drag down to N373.

Now when you copy from A to M the corresponding
B values will show up in N.

HTH
Martin

"climate" wrote in message
Hi
I have 2 columns, column A consist of digit 1 to 273. and column B is
name
of city.
That is duplicate. when i copy A1:A273 or cells individualy to
M100:M373,i
want to transfer related name in B1:B273 entirly or singular,would you
please
help me?
regards
A B
1 Rome
2 Rome
3 london
4 london
.. ...
273 calif

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Martin
I copied this formula = if("","",vlookup,......) to N100,and drag down N100
cell to N373, but not work properly.even i cpied that formula to address bar
and run it for N100 cell, error occure and highlited on this part of
formula("","",vlookup).
Thank's

"climate" wrote in message
Hi
I have 2 columns, column A consist of digit 1 to 273. and column B is
name
of city.
That is duplicate. when i copy A1:A273 or cells individualy to
M100:M373,i
want to transfer related name in B1:B273 entirly or singular,would you
please
help me?
regards
A B
1 Rome
2 Rome
3 london
4 london
.. ...
273 calif

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Climate,

I'm at a bit of a loss here. It works perfectly in my trials.
Maybe you are getting some unwanted spaces when you copy the
formula from my post. Try again with this one and take particular care
as you select the formula.

=IF(M100="","",VLOOKUP(M100,$A$1:$B$273,2,FALSE))

Apart from that I can't think of anything else that could go wrong, unless
I don't fully understand what you are trying to achieve, although
it does seem pretty straightforward. If you are still having trouble
email the worksheet to me at,

floyd107 *at* bigpond *dot* com
(change the obvious bits)

Regards