lehigh46

Default Text to Numeric

Hi All:

I have column of numbers with a space to the left.
This makes it act like text and left justified.
I removed the space from one of the numbers and it became a number and
right justified.

What formula could I use to do what I explaind above for thousands of
numbers?

x-- 30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion
x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Ron de Bruin

Use this
=A1*1

Add-in solution :
DateRefiner have a option to insert a column with formulas for you
http://www.rondebruin.nl/datarefiner.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"lehigh46" wrote in message ...
Hi All:

I have column of numbers with a space to the left.
This makes it act like text and left justified.
I removed the space from one of the numbers and it became a number and
right justified.

What formula could I use to do what I explaind above for thousands of
numbers?

x-- 30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion
x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

lehigh46

The space makes it text, so if I multiply it by a number the result is
#VALUE!

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 19:02:56 +0200, "Ron de Bruin"
wrote:

Use this
=A1*1

Add-in solution :
DateRefiner have a option to insert a column with formulas for you
http://www.rondebruin.nl/datarefiner.htm

x-- 30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion
x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Ron de Bruin

If you have a cell that is formated as text

And enter
space123 in it you can use my formula to make it the number 123
Maybe there are other things in the cell

You can this Add-in to check your cells
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin