Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default 2003 excel basic edition

Hi there,

I am wondering if the basic edition does not carry all of the functions
available for use. I had designed an excel sheet for a friend and it works
perfectly fine for me. However everytime she tries to use it she gets error
messages in quite a few of the formulas I have entered. When I search
through the fuctions they are not there. Like a convert formula I used was
not there. So I am trying to figure out if it should be working or if in in
fact she needs to get a different edition.

She sends it back to me with her errors I open it and they are gone and it
is working fine.

Thanks for your help!
Karrie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Karrie,

One possibility is that you colleague doesn't have the same addins loaded as
yourself. Compare the

Tools|addins for each machine.

It would be helpfulf if you mentioned which formula don't work.

Mike

"Karrie" wrote:

Hi there,

I am wondering if the basic edition does not carry all of the functions
available for use. I had designed an excel sheet for a friend and it works
perfectly fine for me. However everytime she tries to use it she gets error
messages in quite a few of the formulas I have entered. When I search
through the fuctions they are not there. Like a convert formula I used was
not there. So I am trying to figure out if it should be working or if in in
fact she needs to get a different edition.

She sends it back to me with her errors I open it and they are gone and it
is working fine.

Thanks for your help!
Karrie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mike,

I will have her check that. I guess I just haven't ran into this problem
before. Here is an example of what is not working for her in her program:

=HOUR(F7-E7)+(MINUTE(F7-E7)/60)

I had it as something different then a guy she works with changed it to the
above and it still isn't working. If I click on the fx button and say list
all functions there is nothing there listed for "HOUR" or "MINUTE".

Thanks,
Karrie

"Karrie" wrote:

Hi there,

I am wondering if the basic edition does not carry all of the functions
available for use. I had designed an excel sheet for a friend and it works
perfectly fine for me. However everytime she tries to use it she gets error
messages in quite a few of the formulas I have entered. When I search
through the fuctions they are not there. Like a convert formula I used was
not there. So I am trying to figure out if it should be working or if in in
fact she needs to get a different edition.

She sends it back to me with her errors I open it and they are gone and it
is working fine.

Thanks for your help!
Karrie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hmm weird because the spreadsheet works on my home computer which is 2002
with sp2 no add ins checked off, then on my laptop I have 2003 Office basic
edition sp2 with the analysis toolpak checked off and that also works.

My friend however just went and checked off the analysis toolpak option in
hers and it didn't work.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help!
Karrie

"Karrie" wrote in message
Hi there,

I am wondering if the basic edition does not carry all of the functions
available for use. I had designed an excel sheet for a friend and it
works
perfectly fine for me. However everytime she tries to use it she gets
error
messages in quite a few of the formulas I have entered. When I search
through the fuctions they are not there. Like a convert formula I used
was
not there. So I am trying to figure out if it should be working or if in
in
fact she needs to get a different edition.

She sends it back to me with her errors I open it and they are gone and it
is working fine.

Thanks for your help!
Karrie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

<something different
<isn't working

This is a bit vague. How different *exactly*? What does "isn't working" mean? error message? wrong result? what did you expect and
what did you get? input values?

Maybe you friend has a different language version installed?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Karrie" wrote in message ...
| Mike,
|
| I will have her check that. I guess I just haven't ran into this problem
| before. Here is an example of what is not working for her in her program:
|
| =HOUR(F7-E7)+(MINUTE(F7-E7)/60)
|
| I had it as something different then a guy she works with changed it to the
| above and it still isn't working. If I click on the fx button and say list
| all functions there is nothing there listed for "HOUR" or "MINUTE".
|
| Thanks,
| Karrie
|
| "Mike H" wrote:
|
| Karrie,
|
| One possibility is that you colleague doesn't have the same addins loaded as
| yourself. Compare the
|
| Tools|addins for each machine.
|
| It would be helpfulf if you mentioned which formula don't work.
|

| Mike
|
| "Karrie" wrote:
|
| Hi there,
|
| I am wondering if the basic edition does not carry all of the functions
| available for use. I had designed an excel sheet for a friend and it works
| perfectly fine for me. However everytime she tries to use it she gets error
| messages in quite a few of the formulas I have entered. When I search
| through the fuctions they are not there. Like a convert formula I used was
| not there. So I am trying to figure out if it should be working or if in in
| fact she needs to get a different edition.
|
| She sends it back to me with her errors I open it and they are gone and it
| is working fine.
|
| Thanks for your help!
| Karrie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ok so now I am narrowing down what the issue is. It isn't that the function
is missing after all.

I have made a list in 15 min increments in the 2nd tab. So that you can
select from and to hours to show a shift worked. When the formula above goes
to calculate anything before the 8AM is showing as a negative hour. So I am
thinking I need to format the cells differently?

Thanks,
Karrie

"Karrie" wrote in message ...
| Mike,
|
| I will have her check that. I guess I just haven't ran into this problem
| before. Here is an example of what is not working for her in her program:
|
| =HOUR(F7-E7)+(MINUTE(F7-E7)/60)
|
| I had it as something different then a guy she works with changed it to the
| above and it still isn't working. If I click on the fx button and say list
| all functions there is nothing there listed for "HOUR" or "MINUTE".
|
| Thanks,
| Karrie
|
| "Mike H" wrote:
|
| Karrie,
|
| One possibility is that you colleague doesn't have the same addins loaded as
| yourself. Compare the
|
| Tools|addins for each machine.
|
| It would be helpfulf if you mentioned which formula don't work.
|

| Mike
|
| "Karrie" wrote:
|
| Hi there,
|
| I am wondering if the basic edition does not carry all of the functions
| available for use. I had designed an excel sheet for a friend and it works
| perfectly fine for me. However everytime she tries to use it she gets error
| messages in quite a few of the formulas I have entered. When I search
| through the fuctions they are not there. Like a convert formula I used was
| not there. So I am trying to figure out if it should be working or if in in
| fact she needs to get a different edition.
|
| She sends it back to me with her errors I open it and they are gone and it
| is working fine.
|
| Thanks for your help!
| Karrie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Please read again what Niek said. If you want help, you'll have to give
more information. What values did you have in E7 and F7 respectively when
you had your problems, and what negative value did you get as the answer?
Formatting the cells differently doesn't change the values, so wouldn't
change the result of the formula.
--
David Biddulph

"Karrie" wrote in message
| Mike,
|
| I will have her check that. I guess I just haven't ran into this
problem
| before. Here is an example of what is not working for her in her
program:

| =HOUR(F7-E7)+(MINUTE(F7-E7)/60)
|
| I had it as something different then a guy she works with changed it to
the
| above and it still isn't working. If I click on the fx button and say
list
| all functions there is nothing there listed for "HOUR" or "MINUTE".
|
| Thanks,
| Karrie
|
| "Mike H" wrote:
|
| Karrie,
|
| One possibility is that you colleague doesn't have the same addins
loaded as
| yourself. Compare the
|
| Tools|addins for each machine.
|
| It would be helpfulf if you mentioned which formula don't work.
|

| Mike
|
| "Karrie" wrote:
|
| Hi there,
|
| I am wondering if the basic edition does not carry all of the
functions
| available for use. I had designed an excel sheet for a friend and
it works
| perfectly fine for me. However everytime she tries to use it she
gets error
| messages in quite a few of the formulas I have entered. When I
search
| through the fuctions they are not there. Like a convert formula I
used was
| not there. So I am trying to figure out if it should be working or
if in in
| fact she needs to get a different edition.
|
| She sends it back to me with her errors I open it and they are gone
and it
| is working fine.
|
| Thanks for your help!
| Karrie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Nevermind turns out we figured it out. There was a date in with some of the
times on the list and it was causing a problem. We took the date out and now
everything is calculating.

Karrie