Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Karrie Karrie is offline

Default 2003 excel basic edition

Mike,

I will have her check that. I guess I just haven't ran into this problem
before. Here is an example of what is not working for her in her program:

=HOUR(F7-E7)+(MINUTE(F7-E7)/60)

I had it as something different then a guy she works with changed it to the
above and it still isn't working. If I click on the fx button and say list
all functions there is nothing there listed for "HOUR" or "MINUTE".

Thanks,
Karrie

"Mike H" wrote:

Karrie,

One possibility is that you colleague doesn't have the same addins loaded as
yourself. Compare the

Tools|addins for each machine.

It would be helpfulf if you mentioned which formula don't work.

Mike

"Karrie" wrote:

Hi there,

I am wondering if the basic edition does not carry all of the functions
available for use. I had designed an excel sheet for a friend and it works
perfectly fine for me. However everytime she tries to use it she gets error
messages in quite a few of the formulas I have entered. When I search
through the fuctions they are not there. Like a convert formula I used was
not there. So I am trying to figure out if it should be working or if in in
fact she needs to get a different edition.

She sends it back to me with her errors I open it and they are gone and it
is working fine.

Thanks for your help!
Karrie