Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Automatically Updating Data from Multiple Worksheets into One

Okay, this is a bizarre request, but I've been searching around the help
sections and the net, and I'm still not sure if this is possible, or how to
do it, any help is much appreciated.

What I want to do is:

I have eight worksheets in one excel spreadsheet file, one of which is a
main summary page which features information from all other 7 worksheets
(both text information, colour coded and some figures involved... colour
coded rows of information by the same headings).

What I wanted to do was to update the spreadsheet, so that when an
individual opened the spreadsheet and entered a new row of information on,
say, worksheet 3, this would automatically be entered into the main summary
worksheet.

Is this possible, and how?
Any information is great, thanks in advance...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could do this with a worksheet_change event tied to each data entry
sheet. Alternatively, you could create a Worksheet_Activate event that
when you chose the summary sheet, it would update from each source sheet.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Events.aspx
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"Stolenchan" wrote:

Okay, this is a bizarre request, but I've been searching around the help
sections and the net, and I'm still not sure if this is possible, or how to
do it, any help is much appreciated.

What I want to do is:

I have eight worksheets in one excel spreadsheet file, one of which is a
main summary page which features information from all other 7 worksheets
(both text information, colour coded and some figures involved... colour
coded rows of information by the same headings).

What I wanted to do was to update the spreadsheet, so that when an
individual opened the spreadsheet and entered a new row of information on,
say, worksheet 3, this would automatically be entered into the main summary
worksheet.

Is this possible, and how?
Any information is great, thanks in advance...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Many thanks, I really appreciate your help - the website is really useful,
although I didn't realise how complicated the process actually would be.

I'm assuming there is no way without using VBA to do this? code is usually
where I fall!

"Stolenchan" wrote:

Okay, this is a bizarre request, but I've been searching around the help
sections and the net, and I'm still not sure if this is possible, or how to
do it, any help is much appreciated.

What I want to do is:

I have eight worksheets in one excel spreadsheet file, one of which is a
main summary page which features information from all other 7 worksheets
(both text information, colour coded and some figures involved... colour
coded rows of information by the same headings).

What I wanted to do was to update the spreadsheet, so that when an
individual opened the spreadsheet and entered a new row of information on,
say, worksheet 3, this would automatically be entered into the main summary
worksheet.

Is this possible, and how?
Any information is great, thanks in advance...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This may help

http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"Stolenchan" wrote:

Okay, this is a bizarre request, but I've been searching around the help
sections and the net, and I'm still not sure if this is possible, or how to
do it, any help is much appreciated.

What I want to do is:

I have eight worksheets in one excel spreadsheet file, one of which is a
main summary page which features information from all other 7 worksheets
(both text information, colour coded and some figures involved... colour
coded rows of information by the same headings).

What I wanted to do was to update the spreadsheet, so that when an
individual opened the spreadsheet and entered a new row of information on,
say, worksheet 3, this would automatically be entered into the main summary
worksheet.

Is this possible, and how?
Any information is great, thanks in advance...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Perhaps one way using formulas to frame up an interactive summary
from multiple identically structured source sheets ..

Illustrated in this sample from my archives:
http://savefile.com/files/414328
Interactive Summary.xls
--
Max
Singapore

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Barb - I managed to get the code to work and copy one of the worksheets
(which I've preceeded to lose and I'm on track to working it out again) but I
couldn't get it to select all of the worksheets and copy from all of them...
maybe just keep attempting with changing parts of the code...
If only I could get back my first attempt at it, that sort of worked!!

Max - this is great but sadly every row is going to be different, although
the top column headings are the same, in your example you use dates for each
doctor, but mine will be representing different companies... unless you have
an example of different rows each time?

"Max" wrote:

Perhaps one way using formulas to frame up an interactive summary
from multiple identically structured source sheets ..

Illustrated in this sample from my archives:
http://savefile.com/files/414328
Interactive Summary.xls
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Maybe this sample will be a closer fit:
http://savefile.com/files/236284
Auto summarize n stack lines from 12 primary sheet
--
"Stolenchan" wrote:
Max - this is great but sadly every row is going to be different, although
the top column headings are the same, in your example you use dates for each
doctor, but mine will be representing different companies... unless you have
an example of different rows each time?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm giving it a go as we speak, but so far its just coming up with blank
cells (well, at least its accepting my formulae now, whereas earlier it was
just coming up with hundreds of errors)

Still not sure if I've got it working the right way, but may come back and
ask for more advice on this after I've had a good go at it!