Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joe Joe is offline

Default change background color in cells

I would like to change the backgound color of a cell to yellow, based on the
value of that cell being greater than 60. This should apply to all cells in a
column. When the spread sheet ages, the values in the cells in that column
increase. Can some please help with this. I am a novice rookie who can barely
spell VB.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You don't need VB - use conditional formatting. Highlight the cells
you want this to apply to, then click on Format | Conditional
Formatting. In the panel that pops up, select Cell Value Is, then
select Greater Than in the next box, and put 60 in the third box. Then
click the Format button, click the Patterns tab (for background
colour), then click on yellow. Then click OK twice to exit the
dialogue box.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 5, 7:50 pm, Joe wrote:
I would like to change the backgound color of a cell to yellow, based on the
value of that cell being greater than 60. This should apply to all cells in a
column. When the spread sheet ages, the values in the cells in that column
increase. Can some please help with this. I am a novice rookie who can barely
spell VB.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joe Joe is offline

Thank you for your response....your solution sounds like it is what I am
looking for...unfortunately for me, being new at this, I am not familiar with
what conditional formating should be.

"Joe" wrote in message
I would like to change the backgound color of a cell to yellow, based on
the
value of that cell being greater than 60. This should apply to all cells
in a
column. When the spread sheet ages, the values in the cells in that column
increase. Can some please help with this. I am a novice rookie who can
barely
spell VB.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joe Joe is offline

Thank you so much....I was totally unaware of the conditional formatting
technique...your step by step solution worked great...thank you again!