Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Applying formula on formula

I have used IF formula on 10 grid values to get desried values.Further, on
these values i want to apply average formula.
Whenever i apply the average onto the grid values, it show DIV#0.
I have to maually write the IF derived values in new column and apply the
average formula onto them. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Show some examples of the If formulae you are using, and the formula you are
using to calculate the average.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Aditya Kumar" <Aditya wrote in message
I have used IF formula on 10 grid values to get desried values.Further, on
these values i want to apply average formula.
Whenever i apply the average onto the grid values, it show DIV#0.
I have to maually write the IF derived values in new column and apply the
average formula onto them. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Roger,

I'm subtracting two columns to get intial value. On this intial value i am
applying IF formula which is as follows-
IF(I3<=0,"5",IF(I3<=15,"4",IF(I3<=30,"3",IF(I3<=45 ,"2","1"))))
Now this is applied to 10 grids i.e. from I3 to I13.

Now once i have got the desired conditon oriented values, i need to
claculate the average of them. The formula for average is -AVERAGE(I3:I13).
Whenever i do this i get #DIV/0! error.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

Show some examples of the If formulae you are using, and the formula you are
using to calculate the average.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Aditya Kumar" <Aditya wrote in message
I have used IF formula on 10 grid values to get desried values.Further, on
these values i want to apply average formula.
Whenever i apply the average onto the grid values, it show DIV#0.
I have to maually write the IF derived values in new column and apply the
average formula onto them. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try

=AVERAGE(--(I3:I13))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.
Excel will automatically enclose the formula in braces (curly brackets), do
not try to do this manually.
When editing the formula, it must again be array-entered.

--
HTH

Bob

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

Show some examples of the If formulae you are using, and the formula you
are
using to calculate the average.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Aditya Kumar" <Aditya wrote in message
I have used IF formula on 10 grid values to get desried values.Further,
on
these values i want to apply average formula.
Whenever i apply the average onto the grid values, it show DIV#0.
I have to maually write the IF derived values in new column and apply
the
average formula onto them. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

If you took the quotes away from the numbers in your IF formula, you will
find that your Average formula works

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

Show some examples of the If formulae you are using, and the formula you
are
using to calculate the average.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Aditya Kumar" <Aditya wrote in message
I have used IF formula on 10 grid values to get desried values.Further,
on
these values i want to apply average formula.
Whenever i apply the average onto the grid values, it show DIV#0.
I have to maually write the IF derived values in new column and apply
the
average formula onto them. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're storing the IF results as text. Get rid of the quotation marks
around them.

"Roger Govier" wrote:
Hi

Show some examples of the If formulae you are using, and the formula you are
using to calculate the average.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Aditya Kumar" <Aditya wrote in message
I have used IF formula on 10 grid values to get desried values.Further, on
these values i want to apply average formula.
Whenever i apply the average onto the grid values, it show DIV#0.
I have to maually write the IF derived values in new column and apply the
average formula onto them. Please help.- Hide quoted text -