Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ilia ilia is offline

Default Applying formula on formula

You're storing the IF results as text. Get rid of the quotation marks
around them.

On Oct 31, 4:40 am, Aditya Kumar
wrote:
Hi Roger,

I'm subtracting two columns to get intial value. On this intial value i am
applying IF formula which is as follows-
IF(I3<=0,"5",IF(I3<=15,"4",IF(I3<=30,"3",IF(I3<=45 ,"2","1"))))
Now this is applied to 10 grids i.e. from I3 to I13.

Now once i have got the desired conditon oriented values, i need to
claculate the average of them. The formula for average is -AVERAGE(I3:I13).
Whenever i do this i get #DIV/0! error.

"Roger Govier" wrote:
Hi

Show some examples of the If formulae you are using, and the formula you are
using to calculate the average.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Aditya Kumar" <Aditya wrote in message
I have used IF formula on 10 grid values to get desried values.Further, on
these values i want to apply average formula.
Whenever i apply the average onto the grid values, it show DIV#0.
I have to maually write the IF derived values in new column and apply the
average formula onto them. Please help.- Hide quoted text -