Sarah

Default How can I freeze formulas in Excel?

I am connecting one worksheet to another, and I want the formulas to remain
constant in the second one--not change relationly as I add information at the
top of the first one.
GaryDK

Hi Sarah,

Can you provide a little more detail as to what is happening?

Thanks,

Gary

Ragdyer

You can remove the formulas and leave the data behind.

Of course, from then on, there's no more calculating going to happen in
those cells.

Right click in a cell containing one of your formulas and choose "Copy".
Right click *again* and choose "Paste Special".
Click on "Values", then <OK, then <Esc.
And the formula is gone while the data remains!

--
HTH,

RD

"Sarah" wrote in message
I am connecting one worksheet to another, and I want the formulas to

remain
constant in the second one--not change relationly as I add information at

the
top of the first one.

David McRitchie

Anything you put within double quotes will not change when you
insert/delete rows or columns. Use of INDIRECT Worksheet Function.

If you gave specific examples of what you have, might have tried
to give you a more specific answer.

=SUM(INDIRECT("B25:B28"))

A formula like
=SUM(B25:B28) would change, as would
=SUM($B$25:$B$28) when rows/columns are inserted/deleted
---
HTH,