Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Deleting multiple blank rows

How do I delete all the blank rows throughout my workbook after unmerging
cells in Excel? There has to be a better way than scrolling through and
deleting each blank row. At least I hope there is :-)

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could select the column header desiredf5goto specialblanks

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Halston76" wrote in message
How do I delete all the blank rows throughout my workbook after unmerging
cells in Excel? There has to be a better way than scrolling through and
deleting each blank row. At least I hope there is :-)

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Don & Tom,

I tried that, but it only gathered two or three blank rows and it's like 250
blank rows scattered throughout the workbook.

"Halston76" wrote in message
How do I delete all the blank rows throughout my workbook after unmerging
cells in Excel? There has to be a better way than scrolling through and
deleting each blank row. At least I hope there is :-)

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just what do you mean when you say "blank row"? In Excel that means that
every cell in the entire row (256 columns, more in 2007) is blank. I think
you are talking about blank cells here and there. HTH Otto

"Halston76" wrote in message
How do I delete all the blank rows throughout my workbook after
unmerging
cells in Excel? There has to be a better way than scrolling through
and
deleting each blank row. At least I hope there is :-)

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That does sound odd. Something is obviously in them.

I guess the worst case option is to scroll through, click on the row heading
(i.e. 1,5,9,10...) and hold down Ctrl whilst clicking on the rest. You
should then be able to delete them all at once.

It's still manual, but it has to be better then selecting delete each time.