Batman

Default Deleting rows with blank cells

How do I delete rows that contain blank cells in an Excel Worksheet?
Peo Sjoblom

Select the range, press F5, special and select blanks, press Ctrl and minus
(dash), select entire row

Peo Sjoblom

"Batman" wrote in message
How do I delete rows that contain blank cells in an Excel Worksheet?

Batman

I'm sorry - no offence meant - but I don't think you understand, when I
select all 20 000 lines of data and press F5, blah, blah...all it selects is
the 1, ENTIRE ROW, of blanks. I have 20 000 lines and under one of the
columns there are intermittent blanks, the adjacent cells still have data,
but I want to delete the whole row anyway, data, blank cell, and all...

please help I have a project due in 12 hours...thanks

"Batman" wrote in message
How do I delete rows that contain blank cells in an Excel Worksheet?

Gord Dibben

Select just the column with intermittent blanks the follow Peo's F5 etc.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"Batman" wrote in message
How do I delete rows that contain blank cells in an Excel Worksheet?

Gord Dibben

Assume Column C has intermittent blanks.

Select Column C by clicking on the header. That's the rectangle at top with
the letter "C" in it.

F5SpecialBlanks and OK

The blanks in Column C will be selected.

Now, go to EditDeleteENTIRE ROW.

Gord

"Batman" wrote in message
How do I delete rows that contain blank cells in an Excel Worksheet?

Steve

Select to column where your blanks exist, then run this:

Sub DeleteWhereBlank()
'
Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Select
Selection.EntireRow.Delete
End Sub

"Batman" wrote in message
How do I delete rows that contain blank cells in an Excel
Worksheet?

Gord Dibben

Bat

Is it possible the blank rows are not truly blank?

Try this.

In a empty cell enter =ISBLANK(cellref) where cellref is one of the "blank"
cells.

Does it return TRUE or FALSE?

Gord