Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LM LM is offline

Default date validation

I have colums C and H that have the date valdiation formula of mm/dd/yy. My
co-workeres in China and Japan can not input any data in these two colums as
they are getting date vaidation error. Every other coutnry I work wiht are
able to input the date. What di I need to do in order for China and Japan to
be able to enter the dates in these two columns?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LM LM is offline

Hi Peo
I have set up the following date valdiation using the Excel DATA Validation

Allow:
Date

Data:
between

Start date:
10/01/2007
End Date:
10/31/2007

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

What's your exact formula?

Peo Sjoblom

"LM" wrote in message
I have colums C and H that have the date valdiation formula of mm/dd/yy. My
co-workeres in China and Japan can not input any data in these two colums
as
they are getting date vaidation error. Every other coutnry I work wiht are
able to input the date. What di I need to do in order for China and Japan
be able to enter the dates in these two columns?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I would have thought it would have worked since it is dependant on the
regional setting of the OS,
not an expert on Excel with regards to China or Japan though

Here are 2 other options

start date = 39356
end date = 39386

(these use the date serial number)

start date = 2007-10-01
end date = 2007-10-31

If this doesn't work, post back. I am somewhat acquainted with a Japanese
Excel developer
and I could ask him if this doesn't work

Peo Sjoblom

"LM" wrote in message
Hi Peo
I have set up the following date valdiation using the Excel DATA
Validation

Allow:
Date

Data:
between

Start date:
10/01/2007
End Date:
10/31/2007

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

What's your exact formula?

Peo Sjoblom

"LM" wrote in message
I have colums C and H that have the date valdiation formula of mm/dd/yy.
My
co-workeres in China and Japan can not input any data in these two
colums
as
they are getting date vaidation error. Every other coutnry I work wiht
are
able to input the date. What di I need to do in order for China and
Japan
be able to enter the dates in these two columns?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LM LM is offline

I did try the 2007-10-01 and 2007-10-31 format but it did not work

"LM" wrote in message
Hi Peo
I have set up the following date valdiation using the Excel DATA
Validation

Allow:
Date

Data:
between

Start date:
10/01/2007
End Date:
10/31/2007

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

What's your exact formula?

Peo Sjoblom

"LM" wrote in message
I have colums C and H that have the date valdiation formula of mm/dd/yy.
My
co-workeres in China and Japan can not input any data in these two
colums
as
they are getting date vaidation error. Every other coutnry I work wiht
are
able to input the date. What di I need to do in order for China and
Japan
be able to enter the dates in these two columns?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Did you try the suggestion I gave to the same question that you asked in
your previous posting to this newsgroup? I'm repeating here in case Peo has
some thoughts about it....

I don't know if it will make a difference internationally, but try setting
up your start and end dates like this...

Start Date:
=DATE(2007,10,1)

End Date:
=DATE(2007,10,31)

instead of using text strings and see if that works.

Rick

"LM" wrote in message
Hi Peo
I have set up the following date valdiation using the Excel DATA
Validation

Allow:
Date

Data:
between

Start date:
10/01/2007
End Date:
10/31/2007

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

What's your exact formula?

Peo Sjoblom

"LM" wrote in message
I have colums C and H that have the date valdiation formula of
mm/dd/yy.
My
co-workeres in China and Japan can not input any data in these two
colums
as
they are getting date vaidation error. Every other coutnry I work
wiht
are
able to input the date. What di I need to do in order for China and
Japan
be able to enter the dates in these two columns?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"LM" wrote in message
Hi Peo
I have set up the following date valdiation using the Excel DATA
Validation

Allow:
Date

Data:
between

Start date:
10/01/2007
End Date:
10/31/2007

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

What's your exact formula?

Peo Sjoblom

"LM" wrote in message
I have colums C and H that have the date valdiation formula of
mm/dd/yy.
My
co-workeres in China and Japan can not input any data in these two
colums
as
they are getting date vaidation error. Every other coutnry I work
wiht
are
able to input the date. What di I need to do in order for China and
Japan
be able to enter the dates in these two columns?- Hide quoted text -

LM,

try using Custom in Data validation and in Formual enter this
=AND(C8=DATE(2007,10,1),C8<=DATE(2007,10,31))

Regards
trevosef

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LM LM is offline

I will try it and get back. I am in CA si I have to wait till this evening to
access my co-workers in China and Japan.

"LM" wrote in message
Hi Peo
I have set up the following date valdiation using the Excel DATA
Validation

Allow:
Date

Data:
between

Start date:
10/01/2007
End Date:
10/31/2007

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

What's your exact formula?

Peo Sjoblom

"LM" wrote in message
I have colums C and H that have the date valdiation formula of
mm/dd/yy.
My
co-workeres in China and Japan can not input any data in these two
colums
as
they are getting date vaidation error. Every other coutnry I work
wiht
are
able to input the date. What di I need to do in order for China and
Japan
be able to enter the dates in these two columns?- Hide quoted text -

LM,

try using Custom in Data validation and in Formual enter this
=AND(C8=DATE(2007,10,1),C8<=DATE(2007,10,31))

Regards
trevosef

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LM LM is offline

Thank you both for your help. I sent the suggestion to my co-workers in China
nand Japan and they said that the format 2007/10/01 worked.

"LM" wrote in message
Hi Peo
I have set up the following date valdiation using the Excel DATA
Validation

Allow:
Date

Data: