patam

Default Date validation

I need to make sure that the date entered in column B is equal to or
greater than column A and that no date can be entered in "b" if "a" is
blank

--
patam
patam's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3192

Bob Phillips

Use data validation with a custom formula of

=AND(A2<"", B2=A2)

--

HTH

RP

"patam" wrote in
message ...

I need to make sure that the date entered in column B is equal to or
greater than column A and that no date can be entered in "b" if "a" is
blank

--
patam
patam's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=401481

Ray A

RD
Uncheck the ignore blank box then it worked for me
HTH

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Doesn't work for me Bob, and I'll be darned ... I can't figure out why or
what else to use?!?!

*Can't* stop B from accepting input when A is blank.

Does it work on your box?

RD
-------------------
-------------------

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Use data validation with a custom formula of

=AND(A2<"", B2=A2)

--

HTH

RP

"patam" wrote in
message ...

I need to make sure that the date entered in column B is equal to or
greater than column A and that no date can be entered in "b" if "a" is
blank

--
patam
patam's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=401481

Bob Phillips

HTH

RP

"RagDyeR" wrote in message
Duhhhh !!! <g

"RagDyeR" wrote:

[...]

View this thread:

RagDyer

I'm really wondering what you were thinking when you posted the above
(nothing).<g

You do realize that I would not have made a fool of myself if the responder
would have properly instructed the OP to uncheck the "ignore blank"
box.<gdr

RD

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message

HTH

RP

"RagDyeR" wrote in message
Duhhhh !!! <g

"RagDyeR" wrote:

[...]

Bob Phillips

That was what I was thinking but I was so shocked I couldn't get the words
out. My hands were shaking so much, the keys didn't respond <vbg

I apologise unreservedly, for my omission and fully accept liability, and
promise to remember to tell everything next time (I have just completed a 12
page answer on adding time for example <ebg).

Bob

"RagDyer" wrote in message
I'm really wondering what you were thinking when you posted the above
(nothing).<g

You do realize that I would not have made a fool of myself if the

responder
would have properly instructed the OP to uncheck the "ignore blank"
box.<gdr

RD

-

-

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message

HTH

RP

"RagDyeR" wrote in message
Duhhhh !!! <g

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Doesn't work for me Bob, and I'll be darned ... I can't figure out

why
or
what else to use?!?!

*Can't* stop B from accepting input when A is blank.

Does it work on your box?

RD

Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit

!