Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default workday with month functions

Hello,

I have tried to create a date function that would give me the workday for
any one month period,minus holidays, and would only display the workdays of
one month by typing a date in C1. My worksheet does not allow me to display
all dates in one row, so I have to continue on a another row -

i.e.

C1 = date formatted to 3/1
C1:N1 rows I want to display dates
H1 - ? copy formula until I run out of workdays to the end of any one month
period.
O1-O6 holidays

Is there anyone that could help me with this? I cannot figure it out.

Monique
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You don't need formulas, if you put the first day in C1, then copy using the
right mouse
button you will be prompted upon releasing it to select from some options
where fill weekdays is one

Peo Sjoblom

"Monique" wrote in message
Hello,

I have tried to create a date function that would give me the workday for
any one month period,minus holidays, and would only display the workdays
of
one month by typing a date in C1. My worksheet does not allow me to
display
all dates in one row, so I have to continue on a another row -

i.e.

C1 = date formatted to 3/1
C1:N1 rows I want to display dates
H1 - ? copy formula until I run out of workdays to the end of any one
month
period.
O1-O6 holidays

Is there anyone that could help me with this? I cannot figure it out.

Monique

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default workday and month functions

I want a function that fills in all the dates by filling one cell, and since
I have to continue this on two rows, and I only want it to fill workdays for
any given month minus holidays, this will not answer my question, but thanks
anyway.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Myrna Larson gave me a formula that accomplished one part of the equation:
=IF(A1="",A1,IF(MONTH(A1+1)=MONTH(A1),A1+1,""))

However, I don't know how to combine this with the workday function.

This is what I am really looking for.

Thanks,

Monique

"Monique" wrote in message
Hello,

I have tried to create a date function that would give me the workday for
any one month period,minus holidays, and would only display the workdays
of
one month by typing a date in C1. My worksheet does not allow me to
display
all dates in one row, so I have to continue on a another row -

i.e.

C1 = date formatted to 3/1
C1:N1 rows I want to display dates
H1 - ? copy formula until I run out of workdays to the end of any one
month
period.
O1-O6 holidays

Is there anyone that could help me with this? I cannot figure it out.

Monique

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=WORKDAY(C1,1,Holidays)

copied across to N1 will increase a workday

in H2 you can use

=WORKDAY(N1,1,Holidays)

in I3

=WORKDAY(H2,1,Holidays)

and copy across

If you always put the first workday of the month in C1 you can use

=IF(ISTEXT(H2),"",IF(MONTH(WORKDAY(H2,1,Holidays)) <MONTH($C$1),"",WORKDAY(H2,1,Holidays)))

and copy across to R1

Peo Sjoblom