DV in Texas

Default Formatting a worksheet for data entry

How do you format a worksheet to move down and left to column A when you are
done entering on a row? I have an AR recap worksheet that usually has 40 or
50 lines of data entry. I know you can do it but I don't know where to set
it up.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

CLR

I use a Recorded macro assigned to a Drawing Object which I positon just
above my "frozen header" line so it's always within sight no matter where
the screen scrolls......just hit the button and the cursor can return to the
next row, and even increment the item numbers in column A if you wish.
Just do Tools macro record macro.....then do the steps you
want......then Tools Macro Stop recording...........then using the
Drawing toolbar, draw a circle and place it above your "Frozen header" line
and right-click on it, and Assign macro, and pick the one you just
recorded..........from then on, just hit the button when you want it to
run............

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"DV in Texas" <DV in wrote in message
How do you format a worksheet to move down and left to column A when you

are
done entering on a row? I have an AR recap worksheet that usually has 40

or
50 lines of data entry. I know you can do it but I don't know where to

set
it up.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Gord Dibben

Several methods to do this.

1. With ToolsOptionsEdit "move after enter" set to right, select A1 and
type data. Hit TAB key to go to B1. Continue in this fashion until you reach
the last column then hit <ENTER key to move to A2. You will always return to
the column you started in.

2. See Bob Phillips' site for methods 2 through 4.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP