Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional formula

I am having trouble coming up with a formula and hope someone here can help
me. I am trying to have a single cell be able to provide one of three
results for a calculation. Example : If the average of cells A1:D1 are less
than 90 then I want a certain number to display in cell F1. If that same
average is between 90.1 and 97 I want it to display a different result in F1.
And if that same average is 95.1 or higher I want the display to be yet
another, different result in F1. I am pulling my hair out trying to figure
how to get 3 different results to display. I can get two, but not the third.
HELP!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Put this in F1:

=IF(AVERAGE(A1:D1)<=90,1,IF(AVERAGE(A1:D1)<=95,2,3 ))

I presume you meant 95 rather than 97. Substitute whatever values you
want for 1, 2 and 3.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 24, 1:02 am, Fwak wrote:
I am having trouble coming up with a formula and hope someone here can help
me. I am trying to have a single cell be able to provide one of three
results for a calculation. Example : If the average of cells A1:D1 are less
than 90 then I want a certain number to display in cell F1. If that same
average is between 90.1 and 97 I want it to display a different result in F1.
And if that same average is 95.1 or higher I want the display to be yet
another, different result in F1. I am pulling my hair out trying to figure
how to get 3 different results to display. I can get two, but not the third.
HELP!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

=IF(AVERAGE(A1:D1)<=90,"First result", IF(AVERAGE(A1:D1),<=97,"second
result","third result"))

Change the results to suit. If they are not text, then omit the " "
quotation marks around the answer required.
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Fwak" wrote in message
I am having trouble coming up with a formula and hope someone here can help
me. I am trying to have a single cell be able to provide one of three
results for a calculation. Example : If the average of cells A1:D1 are
less
than 90 then I want a certain number to display in cell F1. If that same
average is between 90.1 and 97 I want it to display a different result in
F1.
And if that same average is 95.1 or higher I want the display to be yet
another, different result in F1. I am pulling my hair out trying to
figure
how to get 3 different results to display. I can get two, but not the
third.
HELP!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Fwak" wrote in message
I am having trouble coming up with a formula and hope someone here can help
me. I am trying to have a single cell be able to provide one of three
results for a calculation. Example : If the average of cells A1:D1 are
less
than 90 then I want a certain number to display in cell F1. If that same
average is between 90.1 and 97 I want it to display a different result in
F1.
And if that same average is 95.1 or higher I want the display to be yet
another, different result in F1. I am pulling my hair out trying to
figure
how to get 3 different results to display. I can get two, but not the
third.
HELP!!

Thank you as well Roger!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Oct 24, 2:23 am, Fwak wrote:

Thank you so much!!